Followers

Monday, March 22, 2010

To Write Love On Her Arms

You know I've always heard about TWLOHA and I've seen the t-shirts and for some reason I thought it was a popular band or something. That was until I saw today what it really was. I saw Miley Cyrus (yes, so what?) had a video talking about supporting them and their suicide prevention program.
I decided to check it out and that's when I got to hear the story of Renee, the girl in whom this program had originated with. I was watching some of the videos and couldn't help but just be completely moved by her story and was able to relate in some areas. At the same time there was a heaviness in my heart. Oftentimes I've just heard so many people look down and make fun of "cutters" and people dealing with these situations, and yet they wear the shirts as some sort of fashion statement.

I just want to encourage anyone who has, don't just wear the shirt as a fad, but do what it says! There is a purpose behind those shirts, to remind us of loving those in pain. Don't look down cause you've never been there, stand beside them, encourage, and love on them. You can make a difference in a person's life, on whether they'll want to make it or not.



If you're interested in her book its titled "Purpose for the Pain".

7 comments:

  1. I was totally clueless too.
    Listen to the song by Superchick called 'Beauty from Pain' if you haven't heard it your are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad to see someone so lost like that, I'm just so happy she made it through at the end.

    Have you read the book yet? I've never even heard of it before now but I'd love to know your thoughts on it.

    xoxo
    Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a struggle for so many people -including me- that it's good to know others have been there and have made it through.
    You always find really good examples to motivate us!
    A big hug <3
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a HUGE supporter of TWLOHA and I think that they are great at showing awareness about people needing help for suicidal behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea this is a great organization my ex showed me this last year and thers a song from between the trees called a time for yohe listen to it for touching..

    -cris

    ReplyDelete
  6. i listened to both those songs! they're beautiful! i really liked them a lot!
    Olivia, I haven't read the book but I really would like to!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Especially due to my history and what I've overcome!

    ReplyDelete